What’s going on Thursday?
Wild Flag @ Bowery Ballroom in October (NYC) (more by Amanda Hatfield)
today in Chicago
* Res @ The Shrine
* Trevor Hall @ SPACE
* Thomas Dolby @ Park West
* Guster, Jeff Garlin @ the Vic
* Wild Flag, Hospitality @ Metro
* Reptar, Quiet Hooves @ Schubas
* Antiserum, Ill Esha, Bandiit @ Double Door
* Shabazz Palaces, Chandeliers @ Lincoln Hall
* Turisas, Alestorm, Arkona, Huntress @ Reggie’s
* The Black Lashes, Integrated Cookbook @ The Mutiny
* Royal Pines, The Fur Coats, Costanza @ Subterranean
* Cains & Abels, Holcombe Waller, Thin Hymns @ Hideout
* Architecture, Some Community, Videotape @ Empty Bottle
* Kill The Alarm, Josh Holmes, Fivestar Deluxe @ Abbey Pub
* The Nesmins, Boxsledder, Finishing School @ Ultra Lounge
* The Ladybirds, The Blind Staggers, Tracer Bullet @ Township
* Buck Gooter, Mounds, I Love You, Colin Liepelt @ The Burlington
* Young Distractions, The Beautiful View, Pinto & The Bean @ Beat Kitchen
* Chicago Rocks: The Honorable Story of the Indie City @ Chicago History Museum
Wild Flag and Hospitality play a sold out show at Metro tonight.
Shabazz Palaces visit Lincoln Hall.
Chicago Rocks tours host a discussion on Chicago-based independent music at the History Museum. Participants include Chris Connelly, Jeff Lescher, Josh Caterer, Scott Lucas, Dag Juhlin, Jon Langford, and Rick Rizzo. There will also be a post-discussion concert.
Jack White has an interesting new video for “Sixteen Saltines.” Check it out below.
Jack White – “Sixteen Saltines”